Saturday, April 29, 2006

Lucky #7

Well.. lucky #7 was this morning. Our appointment was at 9:30, but we had to check in at 8:30 so they could start "the big thaw". We then walked across Cambridge Street to a little creperie called "Paris" and shared an apple and brie crepe. Shiela got a cafe latte and i had a root beer. Halfway through our "meal".. shiela smiled and commented that she would have NEVER believed.. 6 years ago.. that she'd be married, living in Boston, ttc (trying to conceive), and sitting in a cafe having an apple and brie crepe for breakfast. it's not exactly texan cuisine. We took our time walking back over to Yawkee 10 and settled in the waiting room with a Car & Driver magazine (i SO don't fit in with all those Glamour reading girls).

We only had a short wait.. they brought us back to "pod 2" (where do they get these names.. nothing like making it feel less clinical!).. it's practically a second home at this point since I've been stripping there every other morning for the last two weeks. Anywho.. Dr John Christopher Petrozza, MD performed the IUI. It was the first time that an RE performed the actual procedure.. i've been telling myself that he was better at it than the nurse practitioners in the past.

We came home and Shiela made me a veggie "chicken" bbq and cheese grilled sandwich and we had some of "my mom's" potato salad for lunch. I then crashed for a 4 hour nap. I've been feeling pretty good.. not too crampy and not very sleepy (well.. after the nap, that is). We're getting ready to have dinner (pasta) and watch a DVD.

Note: I'm writing all the details because i'm hoping that this cycle will work and then I'll always know all of the details of this potentially wonderful day.

btw.. it was about 54 degrees and bright/sunny today...

No comments: